Caribbean Wedding: Tying-the-knot at the Island of Jamaica[easy-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,buffer" counters=1 counter_pos="inside" native="no" fixedwidth="yes"]
Published on September 24th, 2014 | by Joan Makai
A wedding in the picturesque islands of the Caribbean is every woman’s dream. And who wouldn’t dream of saying I do into this paradise? With its never ending stretch of pristine beaches, exotic wildlife, crystal clear waters and charming atmosphere, the Caribbean is definitely one of the best locations when it comes to Island wedding? From Anguilla to Jamaica to Grenada to Trinidad & Tobago, the Islands of the Caribbean will never fall short when it comes to appeal. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a beach buff or a mountaineer, if you are a romantic at heart, there’s a chance that you have thought about a Caribbean wedding once in your life. This dreamy paradise is one of the favorite wedding destinations of the rich and famous to say the least.
One of the best destinations for weddings at the Caribbean is the island country of Jamaica. Being the 3rd largest and one of the most breathtaking in terms of scenery, Jamaica has seen its fair share of locals and tourist who wanted to try the vibe of this lively island all throughout the year. Whether it’s a grand wedding or an intimate one, Jamaica is the perfect location for you.
If you were thinking of tying-the-knot in the lush island of Jamaica, here are some of the things to remember.
- If you’re a tourist and has no prior knowledge of the way weddings are done in Jamaica you should hire a local wedding planner who can help you with the ins and outs of the Island.
- Decide on the size of your wedding. Is it going to be a grand wedding? Are you planning for an intimate one with just the two of you, your families and select attendees? Whatever your decision is, make sure to coordinate every details with your wedding planner.
- Marrying in Jamaica is easy. In just 1 day after arriving on the Island you can get married provided you have completed all the necessary papers beforehand. Send the copy of the duly notarized documents to your chosen marriage officer and bring the original with you upon arrival to Jamaica.
Some of the most important documents are:
- Birth certificate (certified copy with clearly written name of the father)
- Written consent from Parents (for 18 years below)
- Divorce certificate (when applicable)
- Death certificate (for widow/widower)
- The hotel where you’ll be staying can plan for your wedding or can offer a wedding planner for you. Sometimes this is even included on your travel package so talk to your travel agent and clear everything out to save on time and money.
- Marriage ceremony is conducted daily from 6:00 in the morning till 8:00 in the evening. Right after the ceremony you will be given a copy of the marriage register. For the certified copy of your marriage certificate, it can be applied either by you or by your marriage officer and takes about 7 days to 1 month to be released.
Jamaica has plenty of world-class hotels and breathtaking beaches so you’ll never run out of options when it comes to wedding destination. With unlimited sources from the web surely you’ll be able to plan for and realize your dream Caribbean wedding in no time.[easy-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,buffer" counters=1 counter_pos="inside" native="no" fixedwidth="yes"]