Enjoy A Budget Holiday To New Zealand[easy-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,buffer" counters=1 counter_pos="inside" native="no" fixedwidth="yes"]
Published on October 9th, 2014 | by Joan Makai
New Zealand was one of the last lands to be settled by humans and undoubtedly one of the most exotic island countries in the world. It lures the tourists with its immaculate beaches, towering mountains, frosty glaciers and captivating scenic beauties. The only odd which comes with it is that travelling to New Zealand is not cheap. Airfare, accommodation, food, and recreation everything is pricy here. Planning a holiday travel to New Zealand require some real smart tips to trim your expenses and make your holiday trip a satisfying one.
- Skip Travelling During Peak Season – Tourism sees a sharp rise during the peak season which lasts from December to February. Price of everything from airfare to dining increase manifold making the trip expensive. If you want to enjoy the scenic beauty of New Zealand in its complete tranquility, then choose to travel during quieter period or off season. This will cut down your expenses and help you budget your travel more efficiently.
- Keep an Eye on Airfare Sales – Flying to New Zealand alone will chomp out a good amount of your money. Look out for airfare sales online and grab the best deal that comes your way. This will ease the cost of travelling to New Zealand.
- Avoid Tipping – Leaving a tip when you go out to dine once in a week is economical, but when you are on a travel trip to New Zealand it may cost you heavily. Tipping is not conventional in New Zealand, so you can avoid it and save yourself a few dollars.
- Buy New Zealand Dollars when they are Cheap – New Zealand dollar has made a strong hold in currency exchange market. This has made it a very expensive country. Consider buying New Zealand dollars when they are cheap, and make a booking when you see a dip in the New Zealand dollar. This will bring a significant effect on your travel budget.
- Take Up Some Free Activities – Bungee jumping, jet boating, skydiving are some fun recreational sports to take up when you are in an island paradise, but think twice before investing your money in these expensive activities. Instead, try free activities like skydiving in Franz Josef.
- Save Money Through Group Booking – When finding yourself hotel accommodation or renting a car, do a group booking as this will save you money. You may also find discounts on group booking meals and recreational activities.
- Avoid Buying Bottled Water – Tap water in New Zealand is pure and safe hence it is potable. Always carry a reusable water bottle with you and refill it from the nearest tap whenever it is empty. Avoid buying bottled water especially in restaurants and save some cash on pocket.
Despite its high cost of living, you can still enjoy a New Zealand holiday on a budget with smart planning. So next time, when you plan a trip, keep the above tips in mind and make the most of your holiday even with a small budget.
[easy-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,buffer" counters=1 counter_pos="inside" native="no" fixedwidth="yes"]