How To Dress Down For Weekend And Look Fabulous
Published on May 29th, 2015 | by Joan Makai
Most of us find it easy to choose formal office attire than to decide what to wear on weekends. The majority of the professional women get tired of dressing up in pencil skirts, stilettos, and wearing a lot of makeup at the end of the week. They are looking for something else to wear that will keep them comfortable during these lazy days. They wanted to dress down for a fun stroll at the mall or a movie date with their friends. But for many women the real dilemma is how to dress down for weekend and still look fabulous.
Below we come up with some simple tips on how you can look fresh, trendy and stylish on weekends and be a center of attraction for everyone without stilettos, 3-piece suit and heavy make-up.
- If you are planning to go out for a movie, team a pair of wide leg trousers with stylish crop tops. Match plain tops with printed trousers and printed tops with plain trousers. Avoid wearing heels on weekends this will help soothe your feet which otherwise are always bottled up in stilettos or pencil heels. Wide leg trousers are very stylish and comfortable.
- You always want to leave your house in your best looks, but how to style on Sunday when you want to spend your day in pajamas. The best middle way is to pair a chic sweatshirt with your pajama than a regular t-shirt. You can also style embellished chic sweatshirt with a pair of blue denim jeans. It will bring you comfort and make you feel and look good.
- Sporty bomber jacket on a pair of jeans or a short skirt will add a sexy appeal to your overall look and make every eye turn on you. Jacket is known to add oomph to your personality. Go for vibrant colors and daze everyone around you.
- Shorts are the best pick when it comes to dressing down for a relaxing weekend. Regardless of your body shape or size, shorts look just perfect when you want to enjoy a weekend getaway with your friends. Try denim rolled up shorts with a slouchy t-shirt accessorized with a layered neckpiece. Tuck a button-down shirt in your shorts with a pair of flat strappy sandals and you are all set for shopping. A pair of bright shorts with a t-shirt and a denim jacket will add up to the mood of the lazy Sunday style.
- When was the last time you wore a maxi skirt? Don’t remember? Well, we can blame corporate sector for this as long maxi skirts don’t fit in the corporate dress culture. Why not try a maxi skirt this weekend? Style your maxi skirt with denim or leather jacket. You can also try a sleeveless button down top or crochet top with maxi skirts. Try a stylish shrug with one piece maxi dress for a relaxing weekend getaway.
Besides the clothes you choose to wear, the makeup and the accessories also set up the weekend mood. Avoid wearing heavy makeup on weekends. Keep it to the basics like if you wear eyeliner to the office, then go for kajal on weekends, try lip gloss instead of lipstick and you will notice the difference.