Kid Friendly Attractions in Singapore
Published on October 6th, 2014 | by Joan Makai
Singapore is a beautiful city-state and island country located north of the equator. It is a hot tourism destination offering a variety of attractions and adventures not only for adults but also for children. If you are planning a trip for your kids this holiday, then travel to Singapore. It is an ecstasy for adventurous kids and kids at heart.
- Singapore Botanic Gardens – It remains open for its visitors from 5 in the morning till 12 midnight and entertain its visitors 7 days a week. The Symphony Lake at the Singapore Botanic Gardens gives a picturesque view to the tourists. At National Orchid Garden, within the botanic garden, there are more than 1000 species and 2000 hybrids of orchids. It is one of the most loved sites by kids.
- Jurong Bird Park – It is a zoological garden where tourists see a variety of birds flocked together including a flock of flamingoes. Bird parks and sanctuaries are specially liked by children as they are incredibly captivating. Kids are very close to nature and its creatures. They enjoy watching animated birds and animals; just think how much they will enjoy gazing real birds of various species roofed under one place.
- Singapore Zoo – When was the last time you went to a zoo? Wasn’t it when you were a kid? Now it is time for your kids to recollect some amazing moments at the zoo. Singapore Zoo is a home to 2800 animals which include mammals, reptiles and birds of 300 different species. Orangutan, lion, tiger, cheetah, and giraffe – you name it and you will see it there. It is one of the biggest attractions for kids. The best thing about this zoo is that animals are not caged. Though you cannot touch them, you can enjoy breakfast with the orangutan and take photographs with zoo animals for remembrance.
- Cloud Forest Dome –It is an amazing garden dome showcasing breathtaking flora and fauna. It is a seven storey dome with a huge waterfall flowing from the top floor. What a cool retreat from the warm climate of Singapore! Visit this place with your kids and see a million dollar happiness flashing on their innocent faces. Enjoy your childhood once again.
- Entertainment and Recreation – There is no end to recreation and entertainment in Singapore. This place gives you an assortment in the field of sports, recreation, art and architecture. Some sports give you a strong adrenaline rush; others take your breath away. Art and architecture enlighten you about the magnificence, splendor and glory of the place.
- Nightlife in Singapore – Not that you are in Singapore only to relive your childhood. This place has some astounding nightlife attractions exclusively for adults. Zouk and Clarke Quay are hot dance club spots for youngsters and adults who want to shake their leg on the electronic beats and set the dance floor on fire. You will find umpteen dining options in Robertson Quay catering delectable and appetizing pizzas, mussels and fries. You can also enjoy a romantic stroll along the Singapore River and feel the magic of night in the gentle breeze under the open sky.