Top 3 Exotic Destinations You Need to Explore This Summer 2015[easy-share buttons="facebook,twitter,google,buffer" counters=1 counter_pos="inside" native="no" fixedwidth="yes"]
Published on May 12th, 2015 | by Joan Makai
Nothing is more exciting than going on a trip to exotic destinations this summer. If you have no idea where to go, we’ve got 3 of the most highly-recommended spots in the world. Let’s get right to it, shall we?
The Pacific has always been the perfect destination for romantic getaways. And so far, Bali is still on top of the list when it comes to the best tropical spots in this part of the world.
- What to Do, Where to Go: You could sit back and relax in one of so many beautiful beach resorts in town, go trekking in their lush jungles, check out beautiful temples (Pura Luhur Batukau is a favorite) or take a stroll in a Balinese market.
- Overall Cost: Staying here can be so expensive. But lucky you this year because the hotel rates in the most popular spot in Bali went down 12%!
The Mediterranean is often thought of as a high-class and extremely pricey vacation spot. But like Bali, prices are going down in Istanbul. So for those who have some extra for a trip abroad, this exquisite place should be in your shortlist.
- What to Do, Where to Go: Go on a shopping craze in the Grand Bazaar, be awe-inspired by the UNESCO World Heritage Site and sacred Church of the Holy Wisdom known as Hagia Sophia, fill your belly with the most interesting fusion cuisine (Turkey is in the middle of Asia and Europe), or bask under the Turkish Riviera sun.
- Overall Cost: It can be a bit expensive so save up on this.
The Hudson Valley, New York
A lot of people like to experience the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple but if you like peace and quiet, give the Hudson Valley a try.
- What to Do, Where to Go: Walk around the quaint towns of Rhinebeck and Hudson, check out its very promising art scene, dine in one of those farm-to-table restaurants, and fall in love with the breathtaking views of the Hudson River.
- Overall Cost: It’s amazingly cheap! You’ll find small, family-owned bed and breakfasts which won’t charge you exorbitantly. And with the Culinary Institute of America nearby, you’ll find scrumptious meals at surprisingly low prices!
Of course you can also include other exotic locations in Asia if you are looking for a different kind of adventure. Backpacking to Laos, Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia can be fun and exhilarating too especially if you want a change in scenery. You can live with the locals, soak up the culture and experience their lives first-hand.
There are a few more weeks to go before the first day of summer so book your trip as early as now. Not only would you have the pick of the crop when it comes to transportation and accommodation, you could also get the chance to get these at a fair price (or a discount, even). So what are you waiting for? Pick a destination from the ones we listed above and book as soon as possible!