Top 3 Fabulous Summer Hairstyles
Published on May 10th, 2015 | by Joan Makai
Yes, we’re referring to your hair. It is, after all, one of your most important features this summer. So we’re listing down some of the most hip and trendy summer hairstyles for that afternoon in the beach or hot summer night out.
1. The Pixie Cut
This is perfect for summer, really, since the hair is shorn closely at the nape and would not get wet and sticky with your sweat, which sometimes mingles with your sunblock lotion (gross).
Some leave the top a bit longer and swept to one ear like the one Shailene Woodley, Michelle Williams and Katie Holmes are sporting now. Others want the really short (sometimes a bit curly) bangs like French actress Audrey Tautou and the quintessential pixie-haired lady, Audrey Hepburn. Do take note that this haircut looks really good on small, oval shaped faces and may not look very well to rounded or square face shapes
2. The A-Line Bob
Those with oblong faces would look great in this cut. It’s perfect for those who does not want to cut their hair too short but still wants something new and cool for summer.
The hair is shorter at the nape and longer in front, but it falls in rounded edges. Emma Roberts has a gentler looking yet ultra-sleek bob now. Camilla Belle’s hairstyle is quite the same as Roberts’ but it is more rumpled, as if she just got out of bed. Emma Stone is also wearing a similar cut except that it is wavy. She also opted for fringes which end just below the eyebrows making the whole look sexy.
3. The Bohemian Waves
So you have been letting your hair grow long for the past couple of years and taking a pair of scissors to it is a pain you don’t want to go through. Don’t fret about it. This still looks great for summer.
Bridgette Bardot is the epitome of sensual boheme and her beautiful blonde locks just compliments her even more.
If it gets too hot in the beach, do a messy bun or a high ponytail! The best news about this is that it would look amazing on any face shapes.
All these chic summer hairstyles would be nothing if you don’t take care of your hair. The key to any fabulous hairstyle is the healthy hair so we’re telling you now, take care of it properly.
- Be gentle when washing your hair and if you can’t avoid using shampoo every day make sure to pick one with mild natural ingredients.
- Apply deep conditioner to keep it protected even when you’re under the sun.
- Schedule time for a salon treatment or get a hot-oil done at home.
- Use a wide-tooth comb especially when your hair is still wet and avoid brushing it too much.
- Blowdry and hair iron strips off your hair with moisture so keep it to minimum.
- Hair colors look fabulous on you but some hair color products have harsh ingredients that could damage your crowning glory so do pick a product with mild ingredients.